These raw macaroons are one of my favorite treats. The coconut macaroon is light and the chocolate drizzle gives these treats that extra satisfying taste. What is more, they only have 6 ingredients total (including chocolate drizzle) and are gluten free, nut-free and vegan!
Recipe makes 15 balls
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut flakes, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey or agave)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey or agave)
- pinch sea salt
For the Macaroons:
1. Blend 1 1/2 cups of the shredded coconut and vanilla extract in a food processor or high-powered blender until coconut begins to clump together and form a paste.
2. Add remaining coconut, coconut oil and sweetener of choice until combined.
3. Scoop coconut mixture into small balls and roll between your hands to form into a ball shape. Place coconut macaroons on a lined baking tray with parchment paper and repeat with the remainder of the mixture.
4. Place baking tray in the refrigerator to set for 1 hour while you make the chocolate drizzle.
For Chocolate Drizzle:
1. Combine all the ingredients for chocolate drizzle, stirring until smooth. Dip half of each chilled macaroon into the chocolate and place it back onto the parchment paper.
2. Return macaroons to refrigerator to let chocolate set for 10 more minutes or more.