During cold and flu season it's nice to have some sweet immune boosting treats on hand. Elderberries are rich in antioxidants like anthocyanins. Kombucha is a fermented tea. It is high in probiotics and aids in detoxification and digestion. With these powers combined, one of my favorite things to do with my leftover kombucha is to create this immune boosting, protein rich gummy treat! Sweetened with elderberry syrup and infused with farm fresh strawberries this gummy also adds the beneficial bacteria of kombucha with Collagen Proteins Gelatin to help it set up firm.
Makes approximately 5-10 large gummies
• 1/3 cup home brewed kombucha (or store bought plain kombucha or substitute unsweetened fruit juice)
• 4 heaping tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Protein Gelatin
• 1 cup chopped strawberries
• 1/3 cup elderberry syrup (you can find this in most health food stores or simply make your own) or substitute honey
1. Place the chopped strawberries and kombucha in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Pour the strawberry/kombucha puree into a medium saucepan. Add the elderberry syrup and the gelatin. Stir everything together on very low heat (use very VERY low heat, only to mix everything together).
3. Pour into silicone mold(s). Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 1 hour. Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
*Information provided on this recipe/site has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is intended for educational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.