June 30, 2022
Ashley's Forager’s Gin
Makes 1 quart.
This gin is my husband’s favorite drink, and I like it too! It has a potent, woodsy flavor and is fantastic on its own or poured over tonic water. All of the ingredients can be adjusted for taste, and everything is optional other than the juniper berries. Sometimes I let my gin infuse and mellow for 6 months or more. It will be strong and herby, and it’s surely not for everyone, but personally I think it’s great.
- Handful of ripe juniper berries
- 3 teaspoons yarrow blossoms
- 1 teaspoon dried orange peel (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh orange peel)
- 1 teaspoon dried lemon peel (or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon peel)
1. Add the juniper berries, yarrow blossoms, and citrus peels to a 1-quart jar.
2. Fill the jar to 1 inch from the top with vodka.
3. Cover, shake, and let the jar sit for 4 weeks.
4. Strain out the solids and drink.