This is my daughter’s creation and our favorite family recipe to make together. She loves cucumbers with lemon juice and sea salt as a snack. One day we had feta on hand, and just like that, this salad was born. Kids usually have fun chopping the cucumber and squeezing the lemon. You can help add the drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper, or be adventurous and let them try that too.
- This recipe serves 4 people.
- 2 cups diced cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup cubed feta
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh herbs, such as a combination of mint, cilantro, parsley, and dill
1. Combine the cucumbers and feta in a small salad bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice over the cucumbers, drizzle with the oil, and then season with salt and pepper.
2. Sprinkle your herb of choice onto the salad and lightly toss.