Noble Dried Wild Chantrelle Mushrooms 2 oz
These incredible dehydrated mushrooms can be added to any dish to make it delicious, especially when butter and cream are involved. See below for our Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, ghee or coconut oil
1.5 cups chopped yellow onions
1 container dried chanterelle mushrooms, reconstituted and chopped or 1 lb fresh,
1 pinch of smoked paprika ( optional)
1 tablespoon tamari sauce or coconut aminos
2.5 cups vegetable or chicken bone broth
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon kosher salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme
1. To reconstitute mushrooms, submerge in a bowl of warm water and let rehydrate (about 20 minutes). Once doubled in size, strain and pat dry. Chop into smaller bite site pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Place butter or coconut oil in a large stockpot and melt, coating the pan.
3. Place the chopped onions in the pot and saute for 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for an additional 5 minutes until mushrooms are browned and coated in butter. Onions will brown as well.
4. Stir in smoked paprika (if using), tamari sauce and broth. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add coconut milk and cover pot and simmer for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Finally, stir in the salt, ground black pepper, lemon juice and thyme. Mix together and allow to heat through over low heat, about 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil.
Serve immediately or let it cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge.