All Good Things Organic, non-GMO Seed Set
Local Ojai company, All Good Things Organic Seeds, really make good things happen.
This three-person seed company is in charge of growing, harvesting, cleaning, storage, design, packaging, and shipping quality seeds. Their mission is to steward plant biodiversity and to improve existing heirloom veggie varieties that society depends on as a food source.
This seed set is made up of:
- Rama Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum), most well known variety used in Indian Ayurvedic herbalism, where it’s known as “tulsi,” and has a myriad of health-promoting qualities on the body such as stress relief. Rama Holy Basil also has been traditionally used in Thai cuisine. Stout plants produce highly aromatic leaves with an earthy basil scent, with undertones of licorice and clove.
- Red Callaloo Amaranth (Amaranthus tricolor) is a variety primarily grown for its edible young leaves, which have a gorgeous red on green pattern. Amaranths thrive in hot summer climates, making this variety an ideal source for summer greens when collards, kales and spinaches can’t be easily grown. Or, if you can get away with growing other summer greens, Callaloo makes a striking addition to braising/baby stir-fry mixes. An easy to grow plant that doubles as an ornamental even if you don’t plan on harvesting it.
- White Sage (Salvia apiana) is definitely the most valued and admired sage in North America. It is considered sacred – bordering magical – to indigenous peoples throughout the continent. The traditional burning – or smudging – of the dried leaves is said to cleanse and purify the spirit, and bring harmony and peace to those blanketed in the aromatic smoke. One is impelled to have clarity of thought and intention when lighting a bundle of White Sage for the purpose of purification.
- True (or common) dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), woefully maligned by lawn care enthusiasts and widely understood as an invasive weed, is actually an outstanding human plant ally. Dandelion leaves are edible and rich in vitamins (A, C, D, and B) and minerals (iron, magnesium, zinc, potassium, manganese, copper, choline, calcium, boron, and silicon).
- Packet: ~200 seeds (0.15 gram)
- Certified organic by Oregon Tilth
- Grows During Summer In Most Climates
- Located in Ojai, California, United States. Plant Good Seed. Know the Source.